Tuesday, June 5, 2012

New York City

           I think New York City as the city that never sleeps.  I feel that I that live in NYC and don't know about half of the things that exist around me.  I have family that come and visit and they are so excited to come to NYC and I don't understand what's so special about it.  For me NYC is all about shopping, dancing, bar hopping and more shopping lol.  But apparently there is more then that.  I have never been to the Empire State building or the Statue of Liberty. I've only heard beautiful things about it.            

           When I think of NYC a variety of cultures, ethnic foods, people, music and entertainment come to mind. You can find anything and everything that you are looking for there.  There's tons of sight seeing to be done or fun events that go on such as the ball drop on New Year's Eve that everyone comes to see from all over the world. I really think I have taken NYC for granted and really never taken my time to explore it to the fullest. I love to drive in even though it is crazy to get parking but I feel in control by doing so.  The whole taking the subway is definitely gonna be challenging and different for me, but I feel it is gonna be a fun experience.

            By the end of this course I want to have a better knowledge of what NYC has to offer.  I want to be able to move around and go from Down Town ie: China Town, So Ho, to Mid Town where it's all about entertainment ie: Broadway shows,  Times Square where you can find The Naked Cow Boy, The Rockefeller Center moving along to Central Park and being able to have experienced the beautiful sights that it offers.  I am going into this class open minded want to see more then what magazines, books, and the media have to offer.  I feel that all the walking and train rides that I will be taking will give me a better hands on experience.

          

                         

NYC is City that never sleeps


Every where u see is beautiful!


           
       

1 comment:

  1. 22/25

    Diana, your first three posts were fairly well done. They were interesting to read and thorough. You need to be more consistent in citing the BG and using hyperlinks, though.

    What happen to your first post? You wrote almost nothing about what we experienced.

    ReplyDelete